Basic Life Support
Why This Course?
Contain the skill of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Choking and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) technique.
- What is CPR technique? (EAR-expired air resuscitation, ECC-external cardiac compression) and CPR -cardio pulmonary resuscitation)
- When CPR is necessary
- Reasons for the need of CPR
- Signs of the need for CPR
- Signs of CPR success
- Advantages of CPR
- CPR problems
- Clinical death and Brain death
- Adult CPR techniques – NCORT guidelines
- Baby CPR techniques
- Jaw thrust technique
- Abdominal thrust technique (Heimlich maneuver)
- Chest thrust technique
- Back blow technique
- What Is an Automated External Defibrillator’
- How does an AED work?
- When Should an Automated External Defibrillator Be Used
- How to use an AED?
- When to stop the use of AED
- What Are the Risks of Using an Automated External Defibrillator?
At the end of course, participants will learn:
- How to keep the chain of life by implement Basic life Support while waiting for professional support