WAY TO HEALTHY LIFE
Healthy life to most people means both physical and mental health are in balance or functioning well together in a person. In many instances, physical and mental health are closely linked, so that a change (good or bad) in one directly affects the other. Consequently, some of the tips will include suggestions for emotional and mental healthy living.
1. Eating (diet)
All humans have to eat food for growth and maintenance of a healthy body, but we humans have different requirements as infants, children, teenagers, young adults, adults, and seniors. For example, infants may require feeding every four hours until they gradually age and begin to take in more solid foods. Eventually they develop into the more normal pattern of eating three times per day as young kids. However, as most parents know kids, teenagers, and young adults often snack between meals. Snaking is often not limited to these age groups because adults and seniors often do the same.
- Eat three meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). It is important to remember that dinner does not have to be the largest meal.
- The ration of food consumption should consist of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk products.
- Choose lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs and nuts.
- Choose foods that are low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt, and added sugars, look at the label because the first listed items on the labels comprise the highest concentrations of ingredients.
- Control portions sizes, eat the smallest portion that can satisfy hunger and then stop eating.
2. Physical activities and exercise
Physical activity and exercise is a major contributor to a healthy lifestyle, people are made to use their bodies, and disuse leads to unhealthy living.
- Regular exercise can prevent and reverse age-related decreases in muscle mass and strength, improve balance, flexibility, and endurance, and decrease the risk of falls in the elderly.
- Regular exercise can help increase self-esteem and self-confidence, decrease stress and anxiety.
- Almost any type of exercise like walking and yoga is helpful for everybody.
3. Mental health
Healthy living involves more than physical health, it is also includes emotional or health.
- Get enough sleep daily.
- Take a walk and reflect on what you see and hear at least several times per week.
- Try something new and often; eat a new food, try a different route to work, go to a new museum display.
- Do some mind exercises; read, do a puzzle occasionally during the week.