BAD BREATH LOSE YOUR CONFIDENCE
Is the cause of breath or mouth odor?
Usually occurs as a result of bacterial response with food left in the mouth. Halitosis usually occurs when waking up because at that time salivary pH is more acidic, less chewing and talking is causing the mouth environment to be suitable for bacterial reproduction activity. This bacterium secrete the excretion of acids and sulfur (Volatile Sulfur Compounds -VSCs) which causes a bad odor or rotten. Most of these bacteria are anaerobic (living without oxygen). That’s why most of these bacteria live in areas that are hard to clean like toothpaste, gum, tongue and dentures.
What can cause bad breath or mouth?
- Using food and beverages that smell or high sugar content such as jars, durians, garlic or alcoholic beverages
- Use of dentures
- Dental and gum disease
- Chronic lung and sinus disease
- Swollen tonsils or adenoids
- Candidiasis infection in the mouth and tongue
- Unsaturated diabetic disorders
- Heart failure of liver function
- Disease of kidney function failure
- Do not practice oral hygiene ie not gargle after eating or drinking, nobrushing teeth, tongue and oral cavity at least twice daily in the morning andnight before bed.
- Package of drugs such as antihistamines, decongestants, antidepression, antipsychotic and others which may result in reduced salivary or oral production dry.
What should you do if you have this problem?
- Cleaning teeth and mouth daily
- Clean the tongue every day
- Main water
- Avoid using alcohol-based desserts
- Chewing sugar without sugar
- Check your teeth if there are signs of gum disease and bone (gingivitis, periodontalproblem)
- Disk with the dentist for regular checks at least one year once.